Last updated: September 2014
Stekio Labs Inc. and its affiliates (“Stekio”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit Stekio’s website located at stekio.com, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the mobile applications that Stekio makes available from time to time (the “Applications“); and
- use the Stekio services including Stekio Demo & Enterprise Intuitive Program Management Platform (the “Platforms“).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Platforms together the “Services“.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including: information you provide to us, that we collect as you navigate through the Services, traffic and location data, IP addresses, usage details through the use of certain technologies, including cookies and web beacons, as well as information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners – whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing or evaluating, posting material or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Services and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device
- To identify you when you log in to our Services
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations, verify transactions for billing, security, and authentication
- To process and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To contact you about your account and provide support
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so
- For marketing and promotional purposes so as to provide you with information about Services we think you might like.
Stekio may gather personal information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Stekio may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Services. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties.
Stekio automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platforms, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, and other traffic data. We use traffic data to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of our Services, and better understand and market to our customers.
Stekio is a collaborative platform rich with messaging and discussion functionality. You are responsible for any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be posted, published or displayed on the Services, or transmit to other users of the Services (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of the Services at your own risk. You may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions; therefore, we cannot guarantee who will view your User Contributions. We are not responsible for circumvention by third parties of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services. You understand and acknowledge that your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or may have been copied or stored by other users. Improper messages and/or discussions, known or suspected violations should be reported to email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Services to the following third parties:
- To a member of our group, holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Direct contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event (whether perspective or actual) of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Stekio’s assets, in which case personal information held by Stekio about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the (prospective) buyer.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Stekio, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password, we will ask you for your ID and send you an email containing your password.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Services.
Age of consent
We do not knowingly provide the Services to, and will not knowingly collect the personal information from anyone under the age of consent.
Stekio aligns itself with the Safe Harbor privacy principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of Personal Data transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to the United States. While Stekio itself is not certified by the US Department of Commerce, the information that you submit via the Services is hosted on secure servers by Amazon Web Services located in the United States that are certified under the Safe Harbor Scheme for transfers of Personal Information outside the European Economic Area. Safe Harbor is an EU-recognized program that provides a way for US businesses to demonstrate that they provide adequate protection for personal information transferred to it according to EU data protection standards. Further information on Safe Harbor is available from the US Department of Commerce’s website.